The season consisted of a total of nineteen episodes. It aired on Thursdays at 9:00 PM until the winter finale, before moving at 10:00 PM for the rest of the season. It premiered on September 26, 2019 with "Coming Home", and concluded with "'Til Death Do Us Part" on March 26, 2020.
Friendship isn't a big thing. It’s a million little things. When our gang's dear friend Jon – a man perfect on paper – took his own life, his family and friends were left to pick up the pieces. Each of these friends is not living the version of life they thought they'd be living. And their friend's death forces them to take a look at the choices they've made and to solve the unanswerable mystery of a man they thought they knew.
Delilah, now the sole parent to Sophie and Danny, must help her children move forward from their father's death, while hiding a huge secret of her own. Although she and Eddie are no longer having an affair, she is about to give birth to his baby, a living reminder of their transgressions. To protect their families, they have agreed to say the baby's father is Jon, a situation made even more impossible when Eddie, trying to save his marriage, decides to tell his wife, Katherine, the truth.
As the friends prepare to welcome Delilah's baby into the world, Rome and Regina find themselves at odds. When they got married, they agreed they didn't want kids, but after getting a second chance at life, Rome finds himself wishing he had a baby. And while marriage is about compromise, Regina's not sure this is one she can or should make.
As for Maggie and Gary, after finding out that Maggie is in remission, she and Gary move in together, ready to finally explore what being together is like when neither of them is on chemo. But adjusting to life post-cancer is easier said than done. As Maggie and Gary navigate their new relationship, an unexpected visit from Maggie's mother leaves them questioning everything.
Meanwhile, having watched Jon's last video and learned that Mitch might not be his real father, Barbara Morgan's son, PJ, goes on a quest to find the truth. Having befriended Rome and with an appointment with Maggie on the books, PJ is about to turn his life and our gang's life upside down.
We'll see that family, like friendship, is a million little things.
- David Giuntoli as Eddie Saville
- Romany Malco as Rome Howard
- Allison Miller as Maggie Bloom
- Christina Moses as Regina Howard
- Grace Park as Katherine Saville
- James Roday as Gary Mendez
- Stephanie Szostak as Delilah Dixon
- Tristan Byon as Theo Saville
- Lizzy Greene as Sophie Dixon
- Chance Hurstfield as Daniel Dixon
- DJ Nash ("Coming Home", "Grand Canyon", "Austin", "Time Stands Still", "Change of Plans", "'Til Death Do Us Part")
- Geoffrey Nauffts ("Grand Canyon", "Goodnight", "The Lunch")
- David Marshall Grant ("Mixed Signals", "The Kiss", "One Year Later")
- Julia Cohen ("The Perfect Storm", "Guilty", "One Year Later")
- Ashley Sims ("The Perfect Storm", "Guilty")
- Michelle Leibel ("Austin", "Time Stands Still", "Change of Plans")
- Lauren Bachelis ("Unleashed", "We're the Howards")
- Christopher Luccy ("Unleashed", "We're the Howards")
- Chris Erric Maddox ("Ten Years", "The Sleepover")
- Dante Russo ("Ten Years", "Daisy")
- Mimi Won Techentin ("Goodnight", "The Sleepover", "Mothers and Daughters")
- Tucker Cawley ("Daisy", "Mothers and Daughters")
- Katie Scheines ("The Lunch")
- Nina Lopez-Corrado ("Coming Home", "The Perfect Storm", "Time Stands Still", "Daisy", "Mothers and Daughters", "'Til Death Do Us Part")
- Chris Koch ("Grand Canyon")
- Steve Robin ("Mixed Signals", "The Kiss")
- Eric Laneuville ("Austin")
- Tessa Blake ("Unleashed")
- Robert Duncan McNeill ("Ten Years")
- Kevin Tancharoen ("Goodnight")
- Stacey K. Black ("We're the Howards")
- Pete Chatmon ("Guilty")
- Nicole Rubio ("The Sleepover")
- Richard J. Lewis ("The Lunch")
- Daisy von Scherler Mayer ("Change of Plans")
- Rebecca Asher ("One Year Later")
The Perfect StormEdit
Time Stands StillEdit
We're the HowardsEdit
Change of PlansEdit
One Year LaterEdit
Mothers and DaughtersEdit
'Til Death Do Us PartEdit
Gallery of videos used to promote the season.
Gallery of photographic stills used to promote the season.
- ABC originally wanted 22 episodes for Season 2, while DJ Nash wanted 18 episodes "in order to preserve the integrity of the storytelling". They compromised with 19 episodes.
- The background songs for the season trailers are:
by Reuben and the Dark
|"We're Gonna Make It"|
by Sam Tinnesz
|"A New Way"|
- DJ Nash confirmed that Season 2 would not have a DVD release.