"Non-essential" is the fifth episode of Season 3 of ABC's A Million Little Things. It was written by Ashley Sims & Gabriela Revilla Lugo, and directed by Nina Lopez-Corrado. It is the forty-first episode of the series overall, and premiered on March 11, 2021.
This episode is also the midseason premiere.
Summary[edit | edit source]
As COVID-19 becomes more widespread across the U.S., Boston goes into lockdown putting Rome's movie in jeopardy and forcing Maggie to return home from Oxford. Because the hospitals are overwhelmed with coronavirus patients, Eddie's back surgery is cancelled, leading him to take desperate measures to cope with the severe pain.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At first, ABC announced that the series would return on March 4, 2021, before it was changed to March 11th.
- Per this episode, Delilah and her father have been on their trip in France for four weeks. They left after the events of "Letting Go".
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gallery of photographic stills used to promote the episode.
References[edit | edit source]
- UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.11.2021, by Mitch Metcalf, Showbuzzdaily.com (March 11, 2021)
- A Million Little Things: non-essential (3/11), by ABC, Dgepress.com (February 22, 2021)
- ABC Announces Early 2021 Scripted Series Premiere Dates, by ABC, Dgepress.com (November 19, 2020)