"Mothers and Daughters" is the eighteenth episode of Season 2 of ABC's A Million Little Things. It was written by Tucker Cawley & Mimi Won Techentin, and directed by Nina Lopez-Corrado. It is the thirty-fifth episode of the series overall, and premiered on March 19, 2020.
Eddie becomes obsessed with trying to resolve mistakes from his past, and Shelly and Delilah both take on planning a baby shower for Regina as Eve gives her and Rome shocking news. Meanwhile, Maggie's new venture has her rethinking her relationship with Gary.
- This episode takes place the week after "Change of Plans".
- Despite being both uncredited in the episode, it was confirmed that Betsy Brandt (Colleen Stewart) and Melora Hardin (Patricia Bloom) voiced their characters by the press release.
- When the episode first aired on ABC, there was no preview for the season finale after the episode credits, because ABC employees were confined at home as a result of the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.
- The recap segment of this episode includes a deleted scene from "One Year Later", involving Maggie and Dr. Noth.
- The flashback scenes about the lake house were the last scenes that were shot for Season 2.
- When the scene where Gary calls Darcy Cooper was shot, DJ Nash played the role of Gary while they were filming Floriana Lima's side of the scene.
Gallery of photographic stills used to promote the episode.
- ↑ UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.19.2020, by Mitch Metcalf, Showbuzzdaily.com (March 20, 2020)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 a million little things: mothers and daughters (3/19), by ABC, Wdtvpress.com (March 2, 2020)
- ↑ Hey everyone. The reason there was no preview for next week’s @AMillionABC is because the gang at abc is home safe with their families. It’s online. Be sure to check it out. Season finale is next Thursday! #amillionlittlethings, by DJ Nash, Twitter (March 19, 2020)
- ↑ It was cut for time for last week’s episode but because our incredible promo folks write such beautiful recaps every week, I have decided to let them have original material for their stories. They kill it!, by DJ Nash, Twitter (March 19, 2020)
- ↑ The lake scenes were the last scenes we shot this season. Such a beautiful (and moving) way to end our season. #amillionlittlethings, by DJ Nash, Twitter (March 19, 2020)
- ↑ Okay, Gary Fun Fact #13. When we shot @florianalima's side of the Gary calls Darcy Cooper Cooper scene, I played Gary. I know, I know, Flo, I should stick to writing. #amillionlittlethings, by DJ Nash, Twitter (March 19, 2020)