"Coming Home" is the first episode of Season 2 of ABC's A Million Little Things. It was written by DJ Nash, and directed by Nina Lopez-Corrado. It is the eighteenth episode of the series overall, and premiered on September 26, 2019.
Summary[edit | edit source]
When Delilah goes into labor, Eddie feels compelled to tell Katherine the truth about being the baby's father. Meanwhile, Gary and Maggie struggle with living together post-cancer, and Rome and Regina continue to be at odds about having a baby of their own.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Eddie confesses to Katherine that he is the father of Delilah's baby. Shocked by the news, she eventually tells him to go to the hospital, and at least be present for the birth of his daughter. After finding out to Delilah has delivered her baby, she instructs her son Theo to call his father home. Upon his arrival, he finds Katherine gone. Days later, he eventually finds her at his mother in-law's home. Eddie tries to convince Katherine to go home with him, but she refuses.
Gary and Maggie are returning from the cemetery visiting Jon's grave, when they get the phone call about Delilah going into labor. While in the waiting room, Eddie insists they go pick up the crib they all forgot about. In the basement parking lot, Gary confronts Eddie that he is the father of Delilah's daughter. Rome is left dumbstruck he never knew about Jon's vasectomy, or that Edward was the father until that moment.
Days later, the boys all meet up at the warehouse to pick up the crib only to find it no longer available. Eddie convinces them to take the display crib, as they have already paid for one. Later, Rome confesses to both Regina and Gary he really wants kids.
At the Dixons, everyone gathers together to open gifts for the newly named baby Charlotte Dixon. They all take a selfie together in the new baby room, underneath Jon's old jersey.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The table read for this episode took place on June 14, 2019.
- Despite being credited on the press release, Drea de Matteo (Barbara Nelson) and Rhys Coiro (Mitch Nelson) only appear via archive footage.
- June Kyoko Lu's last name is misspelled as "Kyoto Lu" on the press release.
- The episode starts on the day of Delilah's childbirth, which is first depicted in "Goodbye", and ends two days later.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gallery of photographic stills used to promote the episode.
References[edit | edit source]
- UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 9.26.2019, by Mitch Metcalf, Showbuzzdaily.com (September 27, 2019)
- A Million Little Things: SEASON PREMIERE: coming home (9/26), by ABC, Wdtvpress.com (September 9, 2019)
- Season 2!!! Here we go!! Table read for Ep 201 of @millionlittlethingsabc! So excited to be back with this amazing group!! Watch us again this fall on Thursdays on @abcnetwork ❤️❤️❤️, by Dana Honor, Instagram (June 14, 2019)